In December 1925, the building committee and trustees decided to ask for a loan of $18,000 from the British Loan Company. It was later found that $16,000 would be sufficient and the mortgage was arranged according.
The board minutes record that on January 24, 1926, a decision was made to adopt an envelope system of offering to help pay off the principal on the mortgage. It was hoped that by going to this system there would be more regular givings. Becoming a formal congregation meant that now yearly allocations were due to Perth Presbytery ($18.40 in Feb 1926) and owning a building meant payment of property taxes ($283 for 1925). Obviously following the call of God would require a great deal of hard work and sacrifice by the fledgling church in east end Stratford.
By March 1926 the new building was finished! On the first anniversary of the inauguration of worship in the Juliet School, March 14 1926, the new facilities were dedicated to the glory of God. Rev. T. Albert Moore, General Council Secretary of the United Church of Canada was a guest speaker, filling the upper hall to capacity at both morning and evening services. The Ladies Aid served a congregational super the following evening and the celebrations continued for the next few weeks. On Sunday March 21, Rev Alexander of Hamilton preached, and on Sunday March 28 the service was led by Rev Dr. Robertson. Both weeks there was morning and evening worship. Members of local church choirs joined with the Parkview choir to enhance these services. During the last week of March, Rev Finlay Matheson, pastor of Parkview, held a series of services each evening, concluding with an Easter pageant on Wednesday evening March 31.
The first communion in the new building was held on Easter Sunday, April 4 1926 with 144 people receiving the sacrament and 62 people admitted to membership in the United Church.
The congregation of Parkview has always been very progressive in the faith development and worship in their church. In 1927 it was written in the Board minutes that it was the feeling of the Board that children accompanied by their parents had the right to be allowed to partake of Holy Communion. In 1931 there was a discussion about allowing women to serve on the Session, a revolutionary idea for this time in history. Also in 1937 a questionnaire was distributed to members and adherents asking them to respond with any changes and ideas to enhance the worship experience. How daring and forward thinking in a time when most ministers kept a tight hand on any worship in the church, and change in this area was neither encouraged nor a common event.
In 1933 a pulpit was received from another church that was closing (Cooper’s Church on the Woodham circuit). This pulpit is still in the Upper Hall and was used continuously until the new sanctuary was built in 1962. It is still used by various groups that use the hall.
At the front of the upper hall, a raised area was built in 1936 for a choir loft that looked like a choir loft in a real sanctuary.
The new congregation now had a permanent home. The Building Fund books were officially closed in 1936, but financial struggles continued. Parkview had started as a mission project in Stratford and continued to be supported by local churches of all Protestant denominations for the next many years.