On June 15, 1945 the church was filled with a grateful congregation to witness the burning of the mortgage. Once the mortgage on the church was paid off it was time to take a second look at the facilities. The original plan called for an addition of a sanctuary for Sunday worship to be built on the land closest to Ontario St. There were also plans for another floor and a steeple to be added onto the top of the existing Sunday School building, hence the flat roof that is there now. But with World War 2 just over and family life still uncertain, it didn’t seem like the time to expand.
Renovations to the manse and the church were made between 1952 and 1955 in two stages, with the church work being completed largely by volunteer labour, happening first. The folding chairs were removed and pews were installed. Windows were altered and lighting changed. The church was rededicated on Sunday Oct. 26, 1952. The upper hall in the Sunday School building that had been designated for “worship if so desired” was now truly a sanctuary with pews, a pulpit and a choir loft.