During the Second World War the church became a haven for people trying to cope with the worries and losses that filled their lives. The news from Europe and the Pacific gave little hope. Everyone waited for news of an Allied victory.
During the war years the ladies were active in making Red Cross quilts and quilting them at the church. The women also served in the canteen of the Active Service club and they opened their homes to the servicemen away from home.
Tuesday June 6, 1944 finally brought the long hoped for invasion of Europe by Allied forces. When the news reached Stratford, every church started ringing their bells, every factory blew their whistles and the fire sirens wailed. The entire population realized at once what it meant. People immediately left whatever they were doing and rushed to the churches to pray for the safety of the forces and to give thanks to God. Parkview quickly filled to more than capacity. Women left their washing and baking and rushed to the church in their house dresses, kerchiefs and everyday shoes. Factory workers left their jobs and entered in their overalls and work boots. Children were sent home from school. Parkview again provided a sanctuary to the east end of Stratford. The members of the congregation automatically did what was needed to be done to help other, a tradition that continues.
At the end of World War 2 an Honour Roll was unveiled. This listed the names of the members and adherents who had served in the armed forces. A silver star was placed beside the names of those who had died in that conflict.