Worship is a family oriented celebration of our faith in Jesus Christ. We like to think of worship as a buffet of traditional and contemporary styles of worship where all will find enough to go home well fed. There truly is no dress code in our church. We treasure your presence more than your appearance. Feel free to wear jeans and tee-shirts or your very best three piece suit.
Our greeters are pleased to welcome you and provide you with a worship bulletin and song books or other material you may need. Our Praise Songs and Communion Service are projected on the overhead screen but there is always printed material for those who require it.
Each Sunday begins at 10:00 am with children and adults together to share in “Gathering Music”.
We have a small multi generational Praise Team made up of singers and guitar players that lead our “Gathering Music” two weeks out of every three. The remaining Sundays we sing hymns from “Voices United” or “More Voices”.
The first fifteen minutes of worship are focused on the children. The Opening Hymn, Gospel Lesson and story time with the minister are designed with them in mind. After the story time with the minister, the children may leave for Sunday School and Nursery although children are always welcome to stay in the sanctuary for the entire service.
A collection of our monetary donations is made each week during worship and each person is expected to give only as they are able. Please do not miss church because you have nothing for the offering plate. Your presence is an offering in itself.
Communion is observed four times a year and all who profess a faith in Jesus are invited to share. This includes the children even though their level of understanding may not be the same as their parents.
Worship is enriched by the many gifts and talents of our own members, from the choirs and praise team to the guest speakers and volunteers who read scripture lessons, to those who greet and welcome you at the door.Our worship continues in the lower hall twice each month where we gather for food, fun and informal conversation.
Please take the opportunity to discover if Parkview United Church is the place for you to grow your faith in Jesus Christ.
Staffed Nursery is available during Worship. Preschoolers and babies are welcome to stay in our worship but may also go to our supervised nursery at the same time as the Sunday School. Our nursery coordinator is an ECE graduate and has had a police records check.
There is no Sunday school or Nursery during the summer months.
Children are welcome to worship and remain in the sanctuary during the entire service.
Did You Know?
- Wheelchair-accessible parking is available upon request. If you require a parking space closer to the church on Sundays because of physical limitations, please let us know.
- Wheelchair-accessible entrance and washroom – construction is finished and the church now has a push-button automatic door opener and accessible ramp at the main entrance door off of Parkview Drive. A brand new fully accessible washroom has also been completed and is located off of the lounge. A wheelchair/walker/stroller lift is located at the 6 stairs leading down to the lower hall and dining area, as well.
- Hearing assist units are available.
- Printed material and song books are available in the Narthex for those who cannot make use of the screen. Large print copies of the Order of Service and the Voices United hymn books are available.
- Copies of the weekly sermon notes are generally available on the table in the Narthex or on the church website www.parkviewunitedstratford.ca and Parkview’s Facebook page.